Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Busted Heart

Alright so...here's the deal. This morning I was at work, plugging away just like I do every day. I noticed that I had a little bit of chest pain, but at first it didn't feel anything out of the ordinary. After all, I had been having very minor pains for the last few months; however, it was nothing that really warranted a trip to the doc. Eventually, the pains got worse, so I decided to take a walk around the building. It seemed to help subside the pain, so I went back to my desk and continued working.

About 15 or 20 minutes later the pain came back, but it was worse than ever before. I was walking towards my managers desk when I felt myself starting to collapse...you know, the whole tunnel vision feeling and all of that. I caught myself on a wall and started thinking that I was having a heart attack. So, I make my way to my director's office, and I feel so bad about this, but I basically collapse on her desk and tell her that I have to leave. She doesn't know what is going on or what I'm talking about, but she goes and gets me a glass of water. By the time she comes back, I'm feeling a bit better, which I'm sure she thought was weird. I called Ash, and she came to pick me up so that we could go to the hospital.

When we got there, they put me up at the top of the list because of the chest pain...they wanted to make sure that I wasn't having a heart attack. I could have sworn that I did - never in my life have I felt the way that I did that morning.

They decided to give me an EKG and an X-ray to make sure everything was normal, and, of course, it was. So, they told me to follow up with my doctor and see if I can get a referral to a cardiologist to get some more tests done.

I think more than anything it was just scary...because, you know...you never know about these things. As my mom and grandma both said - with something like that, it's better to be safe than sorry. Can't really mess around too much when it comes to your heart, or so I've heard.

Well, if you get a chance, say a prayer for me. I'm hoping that everything is fine, but there's really just no telling until I get some more tests done or until the inevitable happens...

P.S. Ashley - how is that challenge coming along for you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment